Tuesday 22 October 2013

Planning & Inspiration

Ok! So here I am on my 2nd last day of my leave trying to brainstorm, finding inspiration for my wedding day.
When I come across something lovely
image

When I realise that it is quite very typical malay wedding 

I just want a modern, rustic english wedding, which my mum just don't seem to understand. She kept on saying why not u try to make it more elegant. "Elegant" in her term mean very traditional, with loads of golds and fake flowers!
Uh huh never! 
I just want a perfect,simple yet elegant malay wedding. I don't want it to be so "drama mama" over the top kinda wedding. I don't fancy any of that. I just want as simple as this..
Yup this is what I really want, simple,elegant,modern and rustic!
This is the wedding decor i LOVE SO MUCH !! It is from Isswedding. 
They have the most fantabulous touch. 
Thank god my partner also have the same mindset as me, that way it make our plans flow much easier.
And yes as much as we want to do a join wedding, we cant due to his dad request but I am totally fine with that.
I guess the good point of not doing a join wedding, we dont have to rush like mad! And yes like my dad request to do 2 days event. Y E S! I have no choice but to adhere to it because when my dad went thru the cons of doing 1 day event, it doesn't seem to be convenient for all of us including me!
Smart dad! 
So thinking of venue wise now, I have loads in my mind.
At 1 point I wanted to do my wedding at a restaurant but when I heard about the charges 
image

So no wedding at restaurant
Than I wanted a wedding at by the beach but when I think about the comfort of everyone at the event 
I change my mind, imagine the hot sun and salty wind. I am 100% sure everyone will be cursing and swearing.
So no wedding by the beach
Than I was thinking of having my wedding held at the mosque.
However when my dad heard about it, he didn't agree with it. Well let's be honest the newer generation (same goes to me) sometimes forget that they're at certain event. I will be dead if they decide to turn up with a tube dresses and etc.
So no wedding at the mosque
So that leave me with a void deck wedding but not really void deck its multi purpose hall wedding than.
I guess that is the most convenient location for everyone.
Now settling with the invitation card also can be a problem! 
My parents think its the best to have it printed in malay and englsih but really why cant I just have it in ENGLISH!
The last time my cousin had some arabic words written on the card my uncle make a big fuss out of it!
REALLY??!!
I am only 2% in the process of planning for my wedding, I cant imagine if I am 20% in the proceess.
I guess there will be loads of objection and trying to please session!
But whatever it is I will be able to overcome all of the hurdles! I am pretty positive! 
Ok till than xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment